From the Illinois GOP…
Vote in-Person Nov. 5 or Online Starting October 29
$5 Minimum Contribution to the Illinois Republican Party
Next Saturday, you will have the opportunity to make history. Open to All Illinois Voters – Make Your Voice Heard One Year Before Election Day
Other states have straw polls but no one has ever done what we’re doing. Voters from Chicago to Cairo will have their votes counted on who they prefer to be the nominee for President via the Internet or a location near their home.
Online voting opens at 9:00 AM Central Time on Saturday, October 29 and closes at 7:00 PM on Saturday, November 5 at IllinoisStrawPoll.com.
On the ballot will appear the following candidates:
- Michele Bachmann
- Herman Cain
- Newt Gingrich
- Jon Huntsman, Jr.
- Ron Paul
- Rick Perry
- Mitt Romney
- Rick Santorum
In-person paper voting, run by our GOP county chairmen wishing to participate, will take place from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Central Time on Saturday, November 5. The results from both the online and paper polls will be combined and announced at a special event scheduled at the GOP headquarters in Chicago the night of Saturday, November 5th.
Voters who want to participate in the Illinois Straw Poll, either online or in-person, must be Illinois Residents (for online voting, you must have a credit/debit card with an Illinois Zip Code) and contribute $5 to the Illinois Republican Party to help cover the cost of the straw poll. The proceeds will help candidates up and down the ballot.
Once you vote online, you’ll be given an opportunity to volunteer or donate to the Republican presidential candidate you support.
The General Election is just one year away — get involved in the 2012 campaign now!
Go to IllinoisStrawPoll.com now to learn more and be sure to cast your vote on Saturday, November 5th.
November 5, 2011 – Straw Poll Schedule of Events
- 9:00 AM – Palatine Township Republican Organization (839 North Quentin Road, Palatine). Committeeman Aaron Del Mar will be holding his monthly meeting at 8:30am and will then turn the office over to a Straw Poll voting site.
- 10:30 AM – Wheeling Township Republican Organization (909 East Rand Road, Arlington Heights). Committeewoman Ruth O’Donnell will be holding her monthly meeting and will host a Straw Poll voting event.
- 12:30 PM – Lake County GOP (320 Peterson Road, Libertyville). Chairman Bob Cook will host an event.
- 2:30 PM – Downers Grove Township GOP (1001 Curtis Street, Downers Grove). Chairman Brian Krajewski will host an event.
- 4:30 PM – Lemont Community Center (16300 Alba Street, Lemont) Cook County GOP Chairman Sig Vaznelis will host an event.
- 7:00 PM – Illinois GOP Headquarters (55 West Monroe, Suite 940, Chicago)