-By Warner Todd Huston
Once again Illinois gets some of the worst of the worst marks, this time for the most oppressive lawsuit climate, a situation that makes Illinois one of the worst places to do business in the nation.
The Institute for Legal Reform recently put out its annual survey of the states and Illinois ranks among the worst for “lawsuit climate.” Ranking at 46 out of the 50 states, Illinois is one of the worst states for business expansion and this is no surprise as Illinois has some of the highest unemployment in the nation.
The ILR also ranked Illinois down at the bottom in impartiality of its judges (45th place), fairness of juries (46th place), competence of its judges (43rd place) and timeliness of judgement (47th place)–all this helping to make economic growth difficult in the Land of Lincoln.
The fact is, businesses have no reason to come to Illinois and those that are unfortunate enough to already be in the state find that their efforts are hampered by these venues.
Sadly, this rating has changed little since 2008, so it shows that this has been a long-term problem.
Finally, let’s review what Party controls Illinois, shall we? That’s right, Illinois is a one-party state wholly controlled by the Democrat Party.
Here is a handy-dandy list of Quinn’s and the Democrat’s major failures:
- Illinois One of the Worst in Oppressive Lawsuit Climate… Again
- Illinois is Tops Again… In Foreclosures, Fleeing Citizens
- Illinois has the worst funded teachers pension
- Illinois has the worst legal climate in the country
- Illinois ranks as 49th worst debtor state
- Illinois Ranks as the 48th worst state for business
- Illinois ranks 47th for states with worst government accountability
- Illinois has consistently had some of the worst unemployment in the country
Way to go Illinois, that’s quite an accomplishment.