-By Warner Todd Huston
Illinois is in such bad shape it can’t even produce no littering signs that are properly spelled, it appears.
Friend to the blog John Ruberry of the wonderful MarathonPundit blog was on a trip through the state when he spotted a no littering sign that read: “Please Don,t Liter.”
Apparently the workers in the sign department in the State of Illinois don’t know the difference between a coma and an apostrophe, nor, apparently, what a contraction is. And spelling? What is with this ‘liter’ business? Are Illinois sign makers saying we should not use the metric system here?
This says an awful lot about Illinois schools, doesn’t it?
Ruberry identifies where he saw the signs in his post and also said he saw more than one of them. He also amusingly noted that we have too much public corruption in Illinois for a few no littering signs to help clean up.
But seriously…. who the hell approved the use of these signs and how much money was wasted on these grammatically problematic warnings?
Want to see some more major failures in Illinois. Check these debacles…
- How Much Did Illinois Spend on Misspelled No Littering Signs?
- Food Stamp Sign-ups in Obama’s Illinois Larger Than State’s Job Growth
- Illinois a ‘Sinkhole State’: Rates Second Worst for Liability Per Taxpayer
- Illinois Worst in Midwest for Private Sector Job Creation
- Illinois One of the Worst GDP Growth in Entire Midwest
- Illinois Ranks as ‘Worst’ For Small Businesses
- Of the Fifty, Illinoisans Have Least Trust in the State Government
- Poll: Even People in Illinois Say Illinois Worst State to Live In
- Illinois has the most underfunded pensions in the country and faces a deficit growth of $17 million per day.
- The state also has the worst funded teachers pensions in the country.
- Illinois was identified as one of the worst states in the union for its oppressive, jobs-killing lawsuit climate
- Illinois had more home foreclosures than almost every other state.
- Illinois ranks as the 49th worst debtor state in the nation.
- Illinois was ranked the 48th worst state for business.
- Illinois ranked 48th for unemployment making it among the worst five states for joblessness.
- Its government also has one of the worst rankings for state transparency and accountability in the nation, too.
- As to big city stats, Chicago tops the nation with the highest unemployment rate.
- Illinois has the worst credit rating
- Illinois Tops Nation in Growth of Food Stamp Recipients
- Mercatus: Illinois ranks at the bottom of the most free states
- Illinois Ranks as One of Worst States for Losing Citizens