Following is an open letter to Republicans in Illinois penned by Demetra DeMonte, Co-Chair Trump Illinois, Republican National Committeewoman for Illinois, and RNC Secretary 2011-2015.
Dear Fellow RNC members,
I believe it is now time for us to speak up about the swirling news over the last 24 hours.
First and foremost, Donald J Trump is not going to step down – nor should he. He is our lawfully elected nominee.
Yes – Donald Trump used some very inappropriate language. We can all agree on that. I certainly do not condone it. But one thing is sure – he is not the first – nor will he be the last to utter foul language in the privacy of their home or in their locker rooms.
What would be so amusing, if it wasn’t so disingenuous, is that Hillary is appalled and disgusted at Trump’s language. Right… just like Captain Renault, the character from Casablanca, is “shocked, shocked” that there is gambling going on in Rick’s Café, while at the same time he is accepting his ill-gotten gambling winnings!
Hillary, the consummate hypocrite, who while First Lady, barraged her own Secret Service detail with unspeakably foul language! The very same men who put their lives on the line for hers! Such hypocrisy!
But here is the real question – what I believe we should really focus on: When choosing a President what is more important – Words or Deeds?
Mr. Trump may be guilty of uttering foul language – but Hillary is guilty of committing foul deeds – deeds, if she were anyone else, would have resulted in prison time.
- She has deleted thousands of documents which she knew was illegal;
- She had an unsecured server in her home that jeopardized America ’s security and more than likely resulted in the deaths of some of our people;
- She refused multiple cries for help from our ambassador that resulted in his murder, along with 3 brave Americans!
- She mercilessly hounded and attacked numerous women Bill Clinton sexually assaulted;
- Hillary laughed when she got off a rapist of a 12 year old girl – while knowing all along her client was guilty of rape! That is on tape, too – why doesn’t the media play that audio?
And now it comes out that Hillary DREAMS of open borders and open trade. Oh, really? That’s not what she’s been preaching! No wonder she didn’t want to release her speeches to her Wall Street backers – the same people who made her rich by taking millions of dollars from them.
Our choice is simple.
Although Donald Trump is not a perfect man – who among us is? – he is our lawfully elected nominee and if we all stand behind him NOW – he will win November 8th.
I ask all of my fellow RNC members to please stay the course, stay with Donald Trump, and let us do all that we can to elect him on November 8th. There is too much at stake – including, most of all, the Supreme Court.
Join me in affirming your support for our nominee Donald J. Trump!
Co-Chair Trump Illinois
Republican National Committeewoman for Illinois
RNC Secretary 2011-2015